Thames Water Approved Build Over Agreement

So what is a public channel or a flow, to simplify, a channel that serves more than one property enters the scope of a thames Water Build over Agreement. As well as a flow and, in particular, the point where the drain pipe crosses the border from one property to another. If you are eligible for a self-certified agreement, simply complete the online questionnaire and start your work immediately (provided your work conforms to the description you gave in the online questionnaire). A self-certified agreement is free. Thames Water Build over Agreements require different information that must be provided to a thames water engineer before construction. If you plan to build above or near pipes, you should take certain precautions. The process depends on the transportation of drinking water or wastewater. We advise you to divert pipes around planned buildings or extensions. If you can`t, then channel all the pipes and fittings under the building, so that they can be accessed for repairs. If any of the works are found outside your borders, please see the work near our pipes.

Take our online quiz and find out if you qualify for a free self-certified construction agreement. This agreement is free and will be sent to you immediately by email. How do I get a self-certified Build over Agreement? Figure 3: Minimum distances required to obtain a self-certified construction agreement. It is worth noting that your building inspector will not approve your construction and will issue your Certificate of Compliance if you do not follow the proper procedure with Thames Water. Thames Water has legal powers (in accordance with paragraphs 159 and 171 of the Water Industry Act 1991) and they can apply for an injunction to remove the building and recover the damage if you do not seek their permission before carrying out the work. You also need to unsubscribe building control panels if you want to sell your home in the future, so this is a pretty good one that you should take seriously. If you are building within three metres of a public canal or one metre from a public side sewer, you will need our permission before starting work. It is not always clear what type of channel, if any, passes through your property. In cities, pipes are usually located behind gardens, and the direction and connections of the pipe can be determined by opening wells, if available, in the immediate vicinity. This visually obtained information can be added to the drawings to continue the design or construction process.

There are a number of public pipeline maps available at thames water itself or accessible by the city council when the information is updated.